Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Come Home Soon







Does anyone really understand what its like to be a military wife?

There are some of us military wives who are crazy and start calling names to each other. There are wives who sleep around. Then there are us wives no matter how we are told we can't live by the computer or the telephone. We SLEEP with our telephone. We wait for a message on the computer that just says I love you!

We wait for those four second phone calls that just say Hi that are full of static and then the connection drops.

We know they are safe at that moment but our worst fears also rise and our hearts and our hope sinks.

This is NOT fun. This is NOT easy. There is NOTHING easy about this.

Don't be fooling yourself by saying well she signed up for it. Wouldn't you sign up for anything your soul mate asked you to? I know I would. I know I would do anything for his love even let him go.

I heard so many times You signed up for this you knew it was coming. Nothing about that phrase puts me at ease.

 

Right now I sit here crying when I rather be laying in my bed. I cry alone. I can't talk to my step son about it because he is terrorized enough. Even though we tried to get him to man up. He doesn't deserve to see my pain too. My five year old wouldn't understand. Thankfully she is sound asleep since its almost 11 o'clock. Its hard for me to cry to my fellow Army Wives because again I get the tough love. NOT that I don't need it. OH boy do I need it. But sometimes its just GOOD to have a GOOD cry. I would NEVER tell my closest friend Well at least your husband is in Korea, but this time I am hurting so bad I want to. I know he's not safe too. I know he's hurting like Rick is hurting. They have a newborn. Thats gotta be SO hard!

 

The next time your spouse works overtime all week. The next time he has to travel. The next time he does a side job and doesn't help put the children to bed. Be THANKFUL. If you want to tell yourself that my husband signed up to work without a day off. Without seeing his family.. then go ahead and tell yourself that but inside I HOPE you hang your head in shame.

 

I don't need to get pity or a shoulder to cry on. The only shoulder I want is my husbands. I don't want to be in bed because he's not there. He's my best friend. He's all I want or need.

I just love him and miss him.

1 comment:

Laura Paxton said...

That's a great song...makes me cry!!