Friday, March 13, 2009

Thoughts on Military Life

There are some Americans (Military and Civilian) that get fired up with a debate about Abu Ghraib and Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp. I am open minded and I kinda get pensive with my thoughts. I've come to the conclusion that I feel the way I do because I am still an Angry American like Toby Kieth talks about I guess. I fully support our troops. I am angry about 9/11. I am angry our innocent civilians were beheaded its one of the cruelist things in humanity imho.. They dragged my hero's through the streets of Iraq... OH no they not being just insurgents but being Iraqi citizens too. Yes sooo I feel that way. Anyways...

I support our troops by supporting those who support them. Rick and I were in Nashville at the Opry Mills mall. There is a sweet shop or a nut shop in there that sends their products over to the troops in the form of care packages. All you gotta do is go in there and buy a few things and hand them to the cashier and she sends them overseas to our soldiers. We didn't mind spending some money on our fellow soldiers.

I used to be a bigger fan of Subway subs if I couldn't talk the family into getting their at Publix.... after a bad run in with Subway employee's Rick is more prone to go across the street to Firehouse subs. Guess what they noticed we were a military couple and gave us a military discount! We will go there from now on. Nah not because of the discount but thats why they offer it to bring in more customers. Its a Thank You back for serving us the way they know how. Do you do the same thing? Do you try to buy American? Do you donate money to those serving troops? Do you go into business's that offer a military discount EVEN if you aren't military? Maybe you should think about it and THANK them.. Gratitude means everything.

1 comment:

hmb said...

Hey I just came across your blog. I'm a new army wife also. New as in...not even to a base yet! Hope you are enjoying it!