Saturday, September 12, 2009

Where were you





Post your thoughts on the day. Your "I remember when". Did this impact you directly or indirectly, and how. What did you do then? And what will you do now?

I was living with my sister at the time. I woke up and turned on the TV. Of course it was the first thing I saw was the aftermath of the first plane hitting the WTC. I saw the second plane crash before the anchor did. I do believe it was Peter Jennings or Charlie Gibson. First person I called is my "adopted" mom Helene. She was hysterical and crying watching the poor people jumping out of the building. I watched the buildings fall and news reports coming in about the plane over Pennsylvania and the Pentagon. We were all in shock. I was hurt, violated, ready to fight for my country... I missed my son... I called Adam pleading to see him and Adam refused. My boyfriend also broke up with me that day. I just laid on the floor and cried for that piece of me I didn't think anyone could touch. The world proved us wrong and proved we were vulnerable. The days afterward we became the super power because we bonded together! We should all remember the aftermath and remember that 9/11 -- 8 years later is still claiming lives from cancer due to the Asbestos.

Remember the Victims, Remember the Families, Remember all the countries (not just ours) that was effected, Remember the survivors, Remember how you felt and how your life changed.



*NEVER FORGOTTEN!* Don't forget about the Troops that have been fighting for the past 8 years for the cause!**

No comments: