Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Busy Weekend

Thursday we left for a marriage retreat in Town Creek, AL.. Bought and paid for by the Army... Thank You Uncle Sam. As often as I bitch about you... you can give me something good every once in awhile. It was also sort to speak our last Hooah since it won't be long until Rick retires. Our accomidations were at the Doublehead Resort. In the mornings we had class and in the afternoons we were free to do whatever we wanted. They provided us with meals and it was so nice :). Skylar enjoyed the free time with the other kids and of course getting to run all over outdoors on a nice 70 degree weekend. (its back to being cold now) Saturday we tried to go horseback riding but they were booked up and we couldn't do it as a family so I decided against it. Skylar and I will do it when she is a little bigger. Thats more important to me. Rick decided we should take a short trip to  Tuscumbia, Alabama to see Ivy Green. Which is the birthplace and childhood home of Helen Keller. Beatrix Potter, Amelia Earhart, and Helen Keller are some of my favorite women of history. None of them stuck to what was expected of them but went on to make new expectations of others. As Marilyn Monroe once said. Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History...
It was interesting to walk the steps she took. It was interesting to see the cradle from the stories, The dining room where she had a food fight with Annie Sullivan. Of course the Water Well that we all know so well too!
During the Lessons of the Marriage Retreat I really enjoyed Chaplain Fisher and his wife Sara's stories. His teaching style kept me interested and of course I felt like maybe I talked too much haha! I always have input! The first day we dug in deep to the seven love languages. We even talked about what potential love languages the children have. We went over a little of Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. We are currently enrolled in his class now. We did "The Seven principles for Making Marriage Work" by John Gottman and its not religous based as so many of the other books are. I still have SO many questions but I don't know if Chaplain Fisher has the answers for me. Oh well leave it to me LOL.. But overall it was a great experience.
Rick and I laughed about it on Sunday but they were doing hunting on the resort and we thought mixing that with PTSD was a bad idea haha. I would have liked more socializing as a group. I know its a marriage retreat so it was encouraged that the families spend time with their own but a BBQ or a Bon Fire on the last night would have been nice :)













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I think the list inform should have more info then it has.

trooppetrie said...

how did you get the pictures to move like that. i love your background