Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tempt My Tummy tuesdays

Blessed with Grace

So my mom is the type of cook that doesn't use measurements. I remember when I was little my mom would make chicken in a bowl with rice and it had a bit of a kick. I have been craving this too lol. but when i ask her how to make it she's like its just a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts in a pan with an inch or so of water with dried rice and cook in the oven. Okay but for how long What spices? she doesn't know lol But I WANT SOME!

Temp my tummy part 2.. So I could eat at Zaxbys, Buffalo Wild Wings, or Bumhauers Wings like every week. So I think I should learn to make lemon pepper wings and buffallo wings. If you have any tips please leave me a comment.

1 comment:

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Okay, so try this recipe http://www.21stcenturyhousewife.com/index/Recipe_of_the_Week/Entries/2008/9/15_Entry_1.html

but leave out some of the veggies if you like and spice it up a bit with some chilli powder or your favourite chilli sauce. (It depends on how hot you like things - 1 teaspoon of chilli powder is going to make things very hot indeed in this recipe so I hope that helps a bit!) Then nestle two or three chicken breasts into the rice and veggie mixture before you cook it. Pop it into the oven just like it says in the recipe. Be sure the chicken is cooked through, with no pink left inside (in which case cook it a bit more) and that's it - so easy!

I hope you like it - it's one of my go-to recipes for days I really don't want to cook and I often put chicken in it. Hope it helps!