Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reality


The reality is never say never... I try to share my experiences. I try to share my story and what I've learned in hopes that someone else won't end up like I did. About 10 years ago I got a subpoena telling me that my then husband was dead and his mother wanted to take my son from me. I don't think many women in an abusive relationship marry knowing the man is abusive. I don't think many women who's husband cheat and leave them marry knowing there husband is going to cheat and leave them. Just like people with AIDS say I always said it would never happen to me and it did. I never thought I would run away from my abusive husband to save my daughter and he would die. I didn't think divorce was in my future but death beat him to it. I lost my identity. I was always under my mothers wing them I was Adam's wife and Mackenzie's mom. I did know who Bella was. I didn't know how to be on my own two feet. I was living with a friend of a friend with a 1 year old on my hip at first and $5 no ID to my name... Who can say they've been there? I had no help. At the time of Adam's death I was living with a boyfriend and my baby was 4 months old. I was ready to file for a divorce I had the money... they told me I had to hire a private investigator. So instead of the money going toward the divorce it had to go toward a custody lawyer. I never had much money at one time.. there were times I was in a homeless shelter to times where I was working two jobs. I never had any idea what my future was when I was a 19 year old newlywed then a 23 year old widow. So I share my story about my rise from ashes basically. How I was homeless and broke. People always tell me well I've got a good husband he would never do that... I can always depend on my mom. Unfortuately its not always the way God has planned. I always tell people not to trust a spouse in a seperation that he won't jack you up and screw you over.. Because that DOES happen if he was so great you wouldn't be seperated. Always put your children first and think of the future. Plan for the future. No one wants to be in a Tornado but we have Tornado sirens, drills, weather radios, and tornado shelters. No one wants their house to be on fire but we have Smoke Detectors and plans for that too. Why not think of a future of you on your own and be prepared? No I don't panic everytime my now husband is late. I don't always fear he will leave me. I don't think he would but I can tell you I'd be prepared if he did! Sometimes it doesn't hurt to plan for the What If's because 10 years ago the lives of a nieve 23 year old, a 3 year old boy and a 4 month old girl changed forever....

in 1999 I didn't think when we played this song at our wedding because it was our song of how true it would be...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail.
I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

My web page; ミュウミュウ