Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The loss of more than a legend.


Just a week or two before his death when I found out he was in rehab I cried on Rick's shoulder..."A life without Robin would be dark", I said. I don't know how many people know Robin's background but he was the last one to see his best friend John Belushi alive. He also didn't have a great childhood he looked up to his father and always strived to be perfect but he was also molested (not by his father) he had a long period where he was being sexually abused. Many people don't know he attended Juilliard School on a full scholarship where he met his life long friend Christopher Reeve. He wasn't just an actor with great comedic timing and improv skill he was a very loving, giving person. After all despite his demons he always wanted to make the world laugh and even cry. Through out my childhood he helped me find courage and strength through my difficult times and encouragement to fight my demons. I have always referred to him as my light. I don't know what he was thinking the day he took his own life... We can only speculate his demons got the best of him, He didn't think he could live through Parkinson's, But I felt that day was a very dark one until his daughter released a statement that his time here isn't over his light lives on as long as we shine it for him. I have been reading Patrick Swayze's biography written by him and read by him and it makes me hunger to wish that Robin would have written a book before he passed but that is selfish of me that maybe he wasn't ready to write of his demons as Patrick felt cathartic doing so... No I didn't personally know Robin but I haven't mourned so much for someone that isn't my first husband, or parent, or grand parent as I have for Robin. I still cry for the loss like right now. All we can do is enjoy the work we do have, Cherish the imprint he has left on our hearts and let his light shine through us to others. Lets not forget Suicide Prevention is real 1 (800) 273-8255... Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Its letting the demons win. Prayers for Zelda, Cody and Zak on this day. Oh captain, my captain! Robin I got this I will be the lighthouse now... you rest in peace.

No comments: