Friday, October 12, 2007

If you were brain dead, would you want to be kept alive by a ventilator? Why or why not?

Depends on how Brain dead. Rick and I have deep discussions over this...

I mean after Teri Shiavo's death they didn't truly know how brain dead she was. I still don't think she deserved to starve to death. They won't make the worst criminals in the world or even an animal starve to death why should a sick woman starve? If your brain dead. I feel your soul has already left your body so what does it matter if your body wastes away if thats your families choice? No its not healthy but I can't tell my husband and children how to grieve. As long as its not a selfish act as far as keeping money rolling in. I know a little girl in Georgia who was born days after Skylar. I remember I heard Code Blue in L&D. I was thinking that can't be good. Then my boyfriend at the time was working with her step-grandfather. I met the family and later ran into the mother in Wal-Mart. Basically the child was deprived too much air in the birth canal due to neglence by the Hospital/MidWife. The little girl in all levels of the world is brain dead her body has basic functions... She needs a feeding tube but breathes on her own. She has seziures... Will never speak unless God wants it so... Will never walk by all medical diagnosis... Does that mean they should starve their child who is almost five now? Shouldn't it be God's decision when to take you?

No comments: