Saturday, August 29, 2009

advice

I have a friend and an acquaintance that seem to be your typical "fair weathered friend." They are only around when they choose to be. I don't even hear from the acquaintance but on occasion, I'd say every few months or when she wants to cry and she can't call anyone else. Neither of them have come to my kids parties, the birth of my son or my baby shower. Its always one excuse or another. The acquaintance seems to be all about the drama and calls to whine about something or other or when she needs a sitter for her 9 year old son. I have gotten to the point where I just don't answer her calls. Now I've moved close to her a few streets away and I am afraid she's just going to drop by. After months of not answering her calls and Instant messages etc. You would think she would get the hint but she hasn't. My therapist tells me to just tell her I don't have time for her drama but as bluntly honest as I am I can't bring myself to that point. What do you do when your friend or acquaintance has too much drama or is a fair weathered friend type?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell them. I have learned ignoring people is not the way to go. It will hurt in the beginning but it is the only way to go! You never know maybe they need that wake up call!

Armywife101 said...

I avoid drama , thats how I avoid friends like that. I refuse to let anyone use me because they need a babysitter but when you need them or want them to come somewhere they don't or can't.

I hope you find better friends because no one deserves that.