Saturday, June 16, 2007

Quote

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"I'm thankful for my health, my childhood, and spell check.
I'm thankful for a new hot-water tank and how we no longer have to coordinate our dishwashing with our bathing.
I'm thankful for the wide range of flavors potato chips come in - mesquite barbecue in particular.
For platform shoes.
For coincidences.
I'm thankful for all the people who ever left, in those dishes by the cashier, a penny I later used.
That I don't know everything that people say behind my back.
I'm thankful I was born after the advent of indoor plumbing, and after the popularity of corsets.
I'm thankful for insect repellent, nonstick pans, and Velcro.
I'm thankful that people in real life don't spontaneously break into song like they do in musicals,
and that some weeds look like flowers,
and that at the end of a really bad day there is sleep.
I'm thankful for maybe."
- Adapted from Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, by Amy Crouse Rosenthal

No comments: