Monday, January 14, 2019

Astonishing device


Isn't a cell phone an amazing device? If your my age or older we didn't have cell phones so much. We had corded house phones, Some  people had these car phones that were the size of a small child. I got a beeper with my own money as a teen and Helene destroyed it saying on drug dealers had beepers/pagers. A few years later I got my very first cell phone. It was a Nokia phone on the Voice Stream network-- I think. It would do basic phone functions, texting?, oh and I could kill my battery faster than anything playing snake. Now these devices are amazing... At one point I realized it was a miniature computer in your hand. But what would I like my cell do that it doesn't not? Unrealistically? It would be nice if it would deposit money in my account, clean, and cook... just saying but it has a hard enough time not eating my appointments. I am an Apple fan (at least as far as phones go.) At this point I have wasted too much money on Itunes to turn to Samsung now. However my best friend is a fan of Samsung. I can see her ask her phone " What movie did Danny Devito and Tom Cruise star in together?" and it will give her an answer. Siri on the other hand goes "This is what I found on the net for you." *Facepalm* Even in the car trying to not drive recklessly I say Hey Siri next song .... and nothing happens. So if they want me to be so hands free I think Siri should help with more commands. It should also work seemlessly with my new car... especially when it could have had apple carplay LOL.

No comments: