Saturday, January 19, 2019

Expression

Why express myself? If I’m heartbroken. I have to explain it. If I’m sad, I have to explain it. Someone always wants to talk about it but doesn’t really listen. I don’t have to express myself because I wear my heart on my sleeve and my thoughts and feelings are tattooed on my arms. Next time you want to know if you really care look into my tear filled eyes at the lighthouses that constantly direct the way. Just a waste of feeling and emotion. I need to just stop! If you wonder why I’m walled off it’s because you didn’t care to hear me when I spoke the first time. I seem to be constantly exposing myself  just for someone else to tattoo pain on my arms instead of just my own expression. I express myself to deaf ears and hurtful hearts.
“If you ever cared to know how I am feeling, look closely at my skin. I wear my feelings there. On my arms, on my sleeve, alongside this heart of mine. It cannot possibly be hidden. Emotions spilled over me like a novel, written on my skin, lighthouses in my eyes that constantly direct the way. I’m an ocean of feelings, just waiting for someone to see its safe enough to sail on me.” Stephanie Bennett-Henry

No comments: