Thursday, February 14, 2019

She who is strong

I’ve been told I’m strong. Jennifer says I am the strongest person she knows. I mock a “whatever, you’re crazy!” What could ever possibly make her think that?

A therapist told me years ago that despite what I say I’m strong because I’ve already endured so much. My childhood, my numerous operations, death of my husband, loss of a child. I’ve endured as much as a soap opera yet I charge on. 

Again I mock my story isn’t that tragic... it could be worse

It wasn’t until today I truly felt strong. I’ve continuously watched “life and all it encompasses” pull the ground out from under me. It constantly knocks the air out of me. Drop kicks me and kicks me when I’m down. Tests my faith which doesn’t waiver. I can be on my knees bruised and battered and still laugh and that’s all you got? It may take a moment to catch my breath and find my groove but I’m strong because I stand for my kids and love despite being shown I shouldn’t. I am strong because despite having the rug pulled out from under me I love harder. I don’t even need them to see, I don’t even hesitate. I just continually put myself out there to try harder. Personally I’d call that ignorant. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Yet I am calling it strong. 

I picture Harley Quinn losing a fight and just sitting there maniacally laughing.

No comments: