Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Pick me Choose me Love me

I’ve been involved in a lot of situations lately where it’s come to my attention someone thinks another person is choosing something or someone over themselves.

Someone thinks their significant other chose alcohol over them.

Someone might think someone chooses work over them.

A best friend may think that the person is choosing one person over themselves.

Or perhaps it’s a family member. It could be a family member playing favorites...

Myself as part of a blended family feel like sometimes a child, even an adult child, is always given priority over the rest of the family members.

Sometimes I feel people even choose to not put their values first or defend their loved one to avoid drama.

So the accusation of someone choosing something or someone over them is that an insecurity on their part or is it an actual issue? How do you handle these issues? Have you felt like you were either party?


No comments: