Sunday, April 19, 2009

Scary Night

Wednesday I developed this bronchitis it seemed over night it just hit me. Ever since then I wake up in coughing fits at 11-1 am and 4 am everyday. Last night I woke up at 10:30 and literally coughed until 1 am, Its almost like I have pregnancy onset asthma attacks. I coughed and coughed and I couldn't get air in between. I tried everything I couldn't even suck on a cough drop long enough for it to sooth because I would cough and choke on it. Of course being 6 months pregnant with an already bad bladder I would pee myself everytime I would cough and have a fit. I know its TMI but It was a very long night and if I could have breathed I would have hailed fire and brimstone at Rick who seemed to wake up with the wha wha? What do you need? Then go back to sleep. At 2 am I had to finally give in and take the Phenergran with Codeine that the OB prescribed but the Codeine is so dangerous I was afraid I wouldn't wake up or I would stop breathing. At many points in the middle of the night I thought about calling the OB. Tonight now we go to Kentucky and I am afraid of being so far from home. I guess I will have to take the Codeine with me. It just seemed all night I couldn't catch my breath. During the day I don't really cough a lot. Please pray that the baby is safe from the Codeine and that if I have to take it again no harm will come and I can breathe well till I come home.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mootz said...

OMG! That sounds scary...especialy with being six months pregnant! I hope you start feeling better soon and every thing is okay.