Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

Blessed with Grace



So last month I posted about a Cinnamon Tea Cake recipe that was from my childhood. I try to cheat my cellulite and tell myself its healthier because it lacks frosting haha. Here is the blog post here

I haven't made it into a cake yet just cupcakes and well I think its easier to glaze them....

So here is how I do it...
I like Skylar's help on this too.
We get a yellow cake mix (or from scratch if your the not so fast mom lol)
We grease and line the cupcake cups with cinnamon. Sometimes I sprinkle Cinnamon in the batter too. Depends on how you like your cinnamon lol. bake with the directions on the box.

Once the cupcakes are done and cooled.
In a saucepan melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of white sugar and a ½ of a teaspoon of cinnamon to create a glaze. I turn each cupcake upside down and run through the glaze to cover the top of the cupcake. Then I sprinkle each with a cinnamon and sugar mix (I keep it on hand because I love Cinnamon Toast and Cinnamon on my bagels)
So yum!

Also those who are interested in my Hungarian Goolash

HAMBURGER GOULASH


8 oz. wide noodles

2 c. thin sliced onions

2 to 3 tbsp. flour

1 tbsp. paprika

1 1/2 lbs. hamburger

2 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. pepper

1 bay leaf

1 qt. stewed tomatoes

1 c. thin sliced celery

Dash of garlic powder

Pinch of parsley flakes

Brown ground beef; add flour, then remaining ingredients except noodles. Cook until celery and onions are tender, but not cooked to pieces. Cook noodles according to package directions. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Place in large platter. Pour goulash over noodles and serve

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Thanks for directing me to this recipe; it sounds delicious and I'd love to try it! My husband loves anything with beef, noodles, and tomatoes, so I think it'd be a big hit. :)