Sunday, January 15, 2012

Why I don't like a certain cartoon character.

Special Agent Oso.
If you haven't seen this one (youtube link) This cartoon is annoying because my children can be more intelligent than this stuffed creepy colorful bear that just pops into people's houses. He annoys me because he dumbs everything down. I don't think our kids need things dumbed down for them. 
Boohbah
Luckily I didn't have to endure Boohbah very long. It aired when Skylar was a toddler. People at the time were giving  criticism  to Teletubbies which I kind of didn't mind nor did I mind Barney but Boohbah to me was just ridiculous. Luckily GPB ( Georgia Public Broadcasting) didn't air the show very long. 
Chuggington
I just watched this for the first time this morning. I knew about it, seen the toys, even watched a review on Youtube about it but I really didn't like the cartoon. Nothing in particular just thought it was dumb. Perhaps its just my loyalty to "Thomas".
South Park
South Park I just don't find funny. As I used to say when I was younger rude, crude and socially unacceptable. I mean do we really need cartoon's like this? Funny how growing up I was banned from watching Beavis and Butthead but I still don't think they are near as bad as South Park. I just don't think being rude is funny. My southern class says Hell no Ya'll to this cartoon. Oh and their voices are one of the most annoying noises ever!
Spongebob Squarepants
I've learned to deal with this other rude, crude, cartoon character but I still refuse to buy products associated  with him. Sometimes Skylar watches it and I just ask her to go somewhere else LOL.
Elmo
I love Sesame Street. I can't imagine the world without it but to make whole episodes or segments with Elmo just makes me batty. More than 5 minutes of his voice and I have to turn it off. The only thing I have ever liked of Elmo is the first version of the Tickle Me Elmo. I think he's going to grow up to be on South Park.






a mom blog community


4 comments:

Sadie D said...

BoohBah looks ridiculous! I've never heard of it before...and it looks like I'm glad! Hopefully we don't stumble across that show!

Ashley said...

Omg I totally forgot about Elmo. He's soooooooo annoying. I'm glad my kids don't like him as much anymore.

V.V.Brown said...

Not Special Agent Oso, hahahaha! Just stopping by from the Blog Dare. I can watch Oso by myself, please don't judge me but the Christmas episode made me misty!

Our 365 Days said...

I also forgot about Elmo!! My son is sitting next to me and started yelling "ELMO ELMO!!!" haha. We've seen Special Agent Oso a few times, but I didn't like it either.