Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served and sacrificed. Some may not have worn the uniform but they know the battle. Everyone that serves knows that each piece is an intricate web of strength, without a piece it wouldn't be as strong. Those back home who support their troops, the members that work for DOD or volunteer. Those who wear the uniform. Even the guy making sure the power is turned on and the soldiers bellies are full. Thank you.

I come from a long line of Veterans... My grandfather was a Marine during Korea. My biological father was a sailor for the Navy, My guardian was a pilot in the Air force. I even tried to join but the branches wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole. My sister served in the Air Force for a few years. Her husband is currently serving. I have a brother in law that is a sailor. My husband of course served his 24 years before retiring and his son also retired from the Army. We are a proud American Military Family.

I have a dear friend from high school that is one of the fallen. He left behind a wife and a son.








No comments: