Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Love

How would you define love? Being in love? Falling in love? 
One day during a sermon I was attending the pastor explained the definition of love is stated in the Bible. I think it could apply to those who are agnostic or atheist too. He had further explanation that I can’t remember how he worded it. (Haha)
I think love is overused but at the same time we don’t love each other enough or actively show our love. You can love an animal, a family member, a friend, or a total stranger. The Old Testament talks about an angry and vengeful G-d.  In the New Testament after Noah and the ark and Jesus was crucified for our sins he became more of a “free-range” parent granting us free will and hope. That’s why we no longer have floods, or locusts, or raining frogs etc. If you are a believer I think the message from the Bible and the message Jesus spread was loving others like he loved them. “Love Thy Brother.” Don’t be like Kane *wink*. God loves unconditionally and he forgives as we should strive for. We are supposed to love our parents, right? I cherish (which means love) my closest friends like family- or in my case better than family. They are my family I was able to choose. I tell them I love them. Some I’ve known most of my adult life and they’ve earned that. Some I’ve had to work to forgive for some things but I’ve never stopped caring and loving them. Some of us have pets that are like our children. Some of are caregivers to all animals. So there are different types of love.
Falling in love.
   I would define falling in love as the act of the early stages leading to being in love. You’re not quite in love yet. You are still feeling it out. Usually this phase moves pretty fast. That’s when lust or like become love within a romantic context. I don’t define it as being in love but the act of getting there. It could be the person is beginning to love another.
Urban dictionary’s definition is here
Psychology today says:
Let me define falling in love as well as I can, so we know what we are talking about. One person finds himself/herself excited and preoccupied with someone else and desirous of touching that person and being with that person as much as possible. That strong physical attraction usually includes sexual feeling
How I would define being in love is similar to falling in love but there isn’t anymore doubt or wondering anymore you know this person is the center of your thoughts. You dedicate yourself to this person. You think of this person through out the day. You’re selfless for this person. You desire to be near this person. Then all of the things described in the definition of love are present as well as possibly lust.
Comment with your definitions or love stories...
Ever the Same https://youtu.be/Q2bjkEPL-9g

No comments: