Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

I love this quote but I also think that even though we aren't God's puppets on a string maybe divine intervention comes in and does some things for a reason. Its all a part of fate and our destiny. The only true Regret I have is giving Mackenzie to Adam that day. Even though somewhere deep inside of my I regret it. Also somewhere deep inside of me I also know God has a bigger reason for that. I was still filled with instability and one bad relationship after another. No life for a kid. I have so much more to offer him now and I am still working on giving more. I just try a little harder. I think I wish I wouldn't have given in to a peer pressure as a kid, done better in school, saved more of my valuables, I wish I had more pictures of my grand parents, I wish I hadn't waited till I was 27 and my husband was deploying to get my drivers license.... I guess we all have wishes of things we wished we hadn't done. Maybe I should have been a virgin till I got married. Maybe I shouldn't have married Adam and held out... Then would i have had Mackenzie. In church yesterday the Pastor spoke about holding out for the right person brings more gifts to your marriage. It gave me a lot to think about too. 
So I wish I had saved my virgiinity, I wish I wouldn't have given up a lot of my belongings, I wish I hadn't trusted certain people, I wish I hadn't listened to Helene and Adam that Fathers Day that Adam never brought Mackenzie back to me, I wish I hadn't pissed around in school when I did... but If I wasn't so sick, I didn't marry Adam, I didn't piss around in school... then maybe I wouldn't be who I am today. Everything in my life made me who I am down to the penny I picked up out of a parking lot. Changing one tiny thing can alter your life forever.

No comments: