Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Here at Redstone Arsenal in Madison and Huntsville AL its going to be a cold week. Its 43 degree's right now and a high of 58 degree's. It rained on Saturday which ruined our plans of driving around to see signs of spring especially on Monte Sano. Enjoying our what was then Spring weather. So its a little gloomy and partly cloudy.

Things that make me happy: 
Church when its unstressful make me happy. Lately its been a struggle. My children laughing make me happy. The way that my youngest looks up to his sister and his sister looks up to her brothers. It makes me happy when my 19 month old runs up to me and squeezes me in his bear hug and pats my back to tell me he loves me in his own way. 

Book I'm reading:
I have three books on the book shelf over my head intended to read but I don't get much of a chance. In Memorys Kitchen, Love Comes Softly, and a biography on C.S. Lewis..

What's on my TV today: 
Tonight is Castle night. We love Nathan Fillion. Its also Bachelor night.

On the menu for dinner:
Garlic Chicken is what I am in the mood for. I have been horrible about my weekly menu planning.

On my To Do List:
There are always chores to do in this house.
Its spring cleaning time and its time to make goals and lists for each improvement we would like to do.
For the living room... continue buying DVD books for all our dvd's, Finding a better way to manage the pit as we call it. Toy purge, I would like to put some kind of light in the Shoe Closet/Storm Shelter... why wasn't it built with one? I guess you don't need a light while waiting on a Tornado to pass by... its much less scary in pitch blackness? LOL. For the dining room. Lily's cage needs cleaning, she needs a new net for her cage and my friend over at Steph's designs is hopefully going to come up with a cover for her. Oh yeah she needs measurements again! Back Yard clean up.. Yay for me I hired the guy to come fertilize and do weed control. Time to get some cleaner and go out there and scrub everything. Rick needs to find the canopy tisk tisk...I would love a fence but they are SOOO expensive.. WHY? Kitchen just needs reorganizing BADLY. Family Room/Office. I want to get rid of Skylar's craft table that just seems to call to the clutter and becomes a clutter keeper. If I get rid of things that attract clutter then there will be less clutter right? She never uses it because its too cluttered... see the pattern? That can be a toy area instead of my living room? All carpet down stairs needs shampooing. Skylar's room needs her art hung, curtains, a rug, and hopefully a loft or bunk bed.. we still haven't decided. William's room needs my stock room moved out of it and I want a bed set for his twin bed and to covert William over to a day bed and get his room ready for a toddler! My room and bathroom are the WORST... I need a dresser or something like that badly... I am going to purge closets hopefully I am just so tired of it all! LOL


Peanut needs new tags and his chip paid for. All three needs boosters.


My Car need maintained and a new stereo.


Blog makeover 


Pictures


Easter Outfits

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
one my friend Kristin shared with me.. I haven't gotten to try it yet.

In the craft basket:
Scrap Layout for a family member as a Thank You Gift
I have lots of layouts I would LIKE to do but I haven't scrapbooked in two years. Rick's money stress doesn't help me. I am working with Steph's Designs (her facebook page) to make Lily's cover, A t-shirt for Skylar to match her tutu, Perhaps matching Easter outfits for the kids, Repair my ACU purse... the person that made it says its called plastic sheeting and to ask the craft department in Walmart. Since I am still anti Walmart I will ask Joanne's, Hancock, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby First lol! After Easter projects comes William's party planning! I always have a project or I get bored!

Looking forward to this week:
Kids Consignment sales the two big ones are this weekend. I could be at one right now but I am holding back... I might kick myself later.

Tips and Tricks:
since its Consignment sale time in my area and soon to be yard sale time. I tend to buy off season. Now most of my consignments only sale for the current season. But double check those racks and buy off season a size or two up or the same size... I usually go the current size up to two sizes more. I pack it and label it in a tupperware for later use.

My favorite blog post this week: 
30 Days of Truth I am following my friends :). On My blog? Oh geeze I don't know. You nominate one and I will go with that one next week lmao

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Mayim Bialik from celebrity stardom on the comedy in the 90's called Blossom is now a college educated PHD and parent to two who writes for Today.  http://www.themompetition.com/2011/03/why-i-dont-force-my-kids-to-do-stuff.html oh and if you follow the link it goes to the Mom Petition that is so funny

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:
There is so much to be learned but I am drawing a blank.

On my mind:
Little man got sick to his stomach this morning it was a scary moment but I just think it was sour stomach. Now he's napping. His battery will be fully recharged soon and back to mischief.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Proverbs 17:9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like we are going to be busy!!!!!!

:)

I do need the measurements...Im still trying to figure out the best way to make the cover!

I've finished Skylars Shirt!! :)

and I can help you with the Eastr Outfits, HOpefully!!! )