Friday, March 11, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #33

Please link up at Wife of A Sailor

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. 
~Author Unknown



This week’s questions are:
1. During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? submitted by Married/Single Parent
I keep myself busy. If your new or not in the Mil Community I am sure you've heard that more than once. Well its true for most of us. Before my husband deployed we established a schedule. HE MADE TIME and got leave to go over his pre-deployment stuff, establish me in a schedule.. play group, two story times, movies, ballet, gymnastics, swimming, and my Waiting Spouses group. I knew i couldn't fall apart in front of my then 4 year old. I pushed on. I just too busy to think about it. We went on vacations to see family and went on a marriage retreat. The marriage retreat was just a few weeks before he left for training in Kansas and that was kinda rough but there was little time to pout. I think the time he was gone we made more time for ourselves than we ever have and that kept my home fire burning. It was actually wonderful!


2. What is your favorite concert you have ever been to? submitted by Young but Not (Completely) Dumb
Actually I have been to two main stream concerts. Lynyrd Skynard in 2006 my boyfriend went psycho crazy and I left him there. I decided to take cover with the biker dudes until my sister got me. Then I went to the Army Concert Tour in 2008 and watched Kellie Pickler and Brad Paisley. I had to take Skylar my daughter since my husband was deployed and she eventually just got tired so we left right before Taylor was to come on stage. I pouted but I got over it and my friends met Taylor back stage.



3. What do you miss most about your “hometown”?  submitted by A Florida Girl and Her Soldier
I miss the people I grew up around, They are as much part of my family as my family is. I miss the past honestly a lot of things that were there like a mirage and are now grown since I am grown. My Grandfathers' farm which is now a large housing development, I miss the little fruit stand on the end of Tara Rd (I think) where she had Boiled Peanuts... I wonder if she is still there... I miss all the stuff there is to do in Atlanta and the history of Jonesboro. Home of Gone with the Wind, I miss wonderful Dean's BBQ... I haven't had BBQ I like since then! My family (except the guardians) have all but moved away so I can't just go back and visit them but I would like to visit my child hood friends and others!



4. If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support? submitted by Wookie & Co.
Oh geez there are so many I have been a big supporter (Yes I donate money) to Autism Speaks, St Judes, March of Dimes, Epilepsy Foundation, World Wildlife Fund, AIDS Atlanta, and Wounded Warrior Project and other great great ministry's out there to serve those who serve us!

5. You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum?  submitted by A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench
Olive Garden Salad, Logans Steak cooked to Medium/Medium Rare with Skewer Veggies, Big Portabella Mushrooms, Grilled Shrimp, and the Applebee's Blonde Brownie with Maple Butter... I would be a smacker... you know those who chew gum like cows? That would be me LOL




No comments: